The advantage of having a certificate of eligibility is that immigration to Japan is processed more smoothly than usual.
However, to obtain a certificate of eligibility, you must apply for issuance and submit various documents along with the application form.
This article is about the required documents for the certificate of eligibility.
Application for Certificate of Eligibility
The Application for Certificate of Eligibility is, as the name implies, an application form for the issuance of a certificate of eligibility.
In this application, various information needs to be provided about the foreign national who is to receive the certificate.
The main information that must be provided in the application form for issuance is as follows.
-Date of birth
-Place of birth
-Residence in the home country
-Phone number -Mobile phone number
-Passport number and expiration date
-Purpose of entry
-Planned date of entry
-Expected length of stay
-Planned place of visa application
Required photo for the application
A photograph of the applicant must be affixed to the upper right corner of the certificate of eligibility application.
- If it does not meet the following requirements, it must be retaken.
- 4 inches high, 3 inches wide.
- Only the applicant is in the photograph.
- The applicant is facing forward and is not wearing a hat.
- Clear background with no shadows.
- The photo must have been taken within 3 months of the date of submission.
- The applicant’s name must be on the back.
When a Japanese spouse applies for a certificate of eligibility, a questionnaire must also be submitted.
It contains questions about the applicant himself and questions about the Japanese spouse.
Please note that you may be disadvantaged in the examination if it is found that you have provided contradictory information.
The main information you must provide is the following.
- Nationality, name, and sex of the applicant
- Name, nationality, place of residence, telephone number, place of work of the spouse, etc.
- Circumstances that led to the marriage
- Presence or absence of the intermediary
- Languages used
Depending on the residency status of the foreign national seeking the certificate (spouse of a Japanese citizen, employee, etc.), various other documents must be presented.
Typical documents that are often required include the following:
- Marriage certificate issued by an authority in the applicant’s country
- Certificate from the family registry or certificate of residence of the Japanese spouse
- Documents proving the cost of residence in Japan (tax certificate or tax payment certificate)
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant
- Certificate of the applicant’s last educational qualification (graduation certificate)
- Documents proving the applicant’s work history
- Documents showing the employer’s profile (extract from the Commercial Register, information brochure, etc.)
- Employment contract with the employer